Any person shall be permitted to address a meeting of the Board of Commissioners which is required to be open to the public under the provision of the Michigan Open Meetings Act. Public Comment shall be carried out in accordance with the following Board Rules and Procedures:
Any person wishing to address the Board shall state his or her name and address.
No person shall be allowed to speak more than once on the same matter, excluding time needed to answer Commissioners' questions, if any. The Chairperson shall control the amount of time each person shall be allowed to speak, which shall not exceed three (3) minutes. The Chairperson may, at his or her discretion, extend the amount of time any person is allowed to speak.
Public comment will be solicited during the two public comment periods noted in Rule 5.4, Order of Business. However, public comment will generally be received at any time during the meeting regarding a specific topic currently under discussion by the board. Members of the public wishing to comment should raise their hand or pass a note to the clerk in order to be recognized, and shall not address the board until called upon by the chairperson.
The purpose of the Consent Calendar is to expedite business by grouping non-controversial items together to be dealt with by one Commission motion without discussion. Any member of the Commission, staff or the public may ask that any item on the Consent Calendar be removed and placed elsewhere on the agenda for full discussion. Such requests will be automatically respected.
If any item is not removed from the consent calendar, the action noted (receive & file or approval) is approved by a single Commission action adopting the consent calendar.
All Information identified on the Consent Calendar can be viewed in it's entirety at www.grandtraverse.org.
1) Alger County Resolutions (3) dated 2-16-16
2) Northern Nexus - Grand Traverse Region Next Michigan Development Corp. (minutes of 8-27-15)
3) Pugsley Correctional Facility (minutes of 10-1-15)
4) Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (minutes of 12-16-15)
5) NW MI Community Action Agency, Inc. (minutes of 12-17-15)
6) Traverse Area District Library (minutes of 12-17-15)
7) GTC Public Works Finance Committee (minutes of 1-6-16)
8) Conservation Resource Alliance (minutes of 1-8-16)
9) Northern Lakes CMH (minutes of 1-21-16)
The Public Health & Safety Committee recommends approval of the following:
10) Acceptance of $25,000 Donation to Commission on Aging
11) Establishment of New Board Meeting Schedule for 2016
The Resource Management & Administration Committee Recommends Approval of the Following:
12) Resource Recovery ��" 2016 Hauler Licenses
13) Appointments ��" Parks & Recreation and BATA
The Way & Means Committee recommends approval of the following:
14) Declaration of Property Room Surplus - GTSO Room Surplus
15) Budget Adjustments
16) Resolution of Support to Stop the Transportation of Oil Under the Great Lakes
1) January Claims Summary (handout)